Saturday, September 27, 2014

Spice Doughnuts with Brown Butter Glaze

Lately, it's been 60°F here in Moscow—fall seemed to come almost overnight, complete with a cold for me.
This horribly obnoxious cold started right at the beginning of the week, forcing me to suffer through five endless days of school with it. Within those five days, I had four tests, which meant that between sniffles, I had to quietly (and very awkwardly) blow my nose while avoiding eye contact with everyone in the otherwise silent room. Let's just say that it made for a long week, and I never thought the weekend would come. Miraculously, I was almost better by the time it did arrive, so then I could enjoy it by making us some fall donuts!


I think cats also know when fall has come. After keeping me warm during the night by cuddling with me, Kamber also kept me company in the kitchen, weaving in and out of my legs, tripping me up, begging for attention. Later as Mom was eating her fresh donuts on the couch, Kamber nosed her way onto Mom's lap. Kamber really seemed to want a bite of fall and some warmth!


These donuts have a cozy aroma...one bite of these and you'll get a mouthful of fall spices: cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg. A yummy treat for a cold morning!

Spice Doughnuts with Brown Butter Glaze
Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 15 donuts

Recipe from: http://tutti-dolci.com/2014/09/spice-doughnuts-with-brown-butter-glaze/

No comments:

Post a Comment