Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tiny Strawberry Cream Scones

Truth:

Calories do not exist if you eat when no one is looking.

That is the reason that three strawberry cream scones disappeared into my stomach as soon as they came out of the oven (I also ate strawberry shortcake right before that...FOR DINNER).

In my defense, yesterday was my last day of high school (!), which I personally believe is worthy of celebration (in my world that means eating as much delicious food as I can). I still have to survive three weeks of IB exams, but after I graduate I get to repeat with the celebrations. Yay!


These scones are really cute with little strawberry pieces sticking out of their golden-brown tops, but there's much more to them than just looks. They're quick and easy to mix up, smell heavenly while baking, are soft, tender, and moist beyond belief, and taste amazing.

In addition to strawberries, there's also white chocolate chips in these, but they're optional. Okay, let's be realistic, they're totally not optional! They compliment the strawberries and cream so well that I know I'll be adding them every time.







Celebrate spring with these scones (it's finally coming to Moscow)! Eat them for breakfast, eat them for snack, eat them for dessert...find any excuse you can to make them. They're that good.

Tiny Strawberry Cream Scones
Makes: 20-24 small scones

Recipe from: http://joythebaker.com/2014/04/tiny-strawberry-cream-scones/
Originally adapted from: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cream-tea-scones-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment