Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pistachio, Orange, and Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls

Yesterday it snowed while we were at the market, and my feet were so cold in my leather boots that I thought my toes were going to get frostbite–until my dad rescued them by giving me his thick socks. So today for church and walking around Red Square I wore thick socks and my super-warm winter boots instead. My feet were nice and toasty...actually a little too toasty at times. But, since my boots were so warm, they were heavy. Really heavy. Especially when going up hills and stairs. Twice as much energy is needed to walk in those boots! Energy was not a problem this morning, though, because I ate two giant cinnamon rolls.


My dad and I both saw this recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, and I was very excited when Dad suggested making it. They smelled amazing in the oven...like chocolate and cinnamon. I was so anticipating the rolls that I didn't even wait the suggested 10 minutes before putting the glaze on. They were so soft and buttery. Ours were a little extra giant because I missed the step of splitting the dough in half. All the more toppings, though!



We had to use clementine zest in ours because we didn't have an orange. Also, we did one pie pan with eight rolls, one with six rolls, and one with four. I liked the one with six rolls best because they weren't as squished as the eight-roll pan or as crispy as the four-roll pan. But of course, we forgot to split the dough, so our rolls may have been less thick and more wide. The rolls can also be made without the pistachios, orange zest, and chocolate, and with a different glaze for normal cinnamon rolls.




Pistachio, Orange, and Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
makes about 16 rolls
adapted from The Pioneer Woman and Joy the Baker

Original cinnamon rolls: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/
Pistachio, orange, and dark chocolate cinnamon rolls: http://joythebaker.com/2013/12/bonkers-awesome-pistachio-orange-and-dark-chocolate-cinnamon-rolls/


No comments:

Post a Comment