Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Malted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolaty, malty, cookie goodness. That's what this chocolate chip cookie dough is!
I'm telling you, this dough is some of the best chocolate chip cookie dough I have ever eaten. So good that I want to freeze it so that I can eat it whenever I want.


Of course, the cookies were good too, especially when they were warm and melty. I like soft, chewy cookies the best. That said, be careful not to over-bake these cookies, otherwise they will harden up!


These cookies were eaten up too fast for me to try it, but I was dying to dip them in milk – or, even better, dip them in chocolate milk! I'm pretty sure that would have been amazing, and it gives me an excuse to make them again soon...I have a feeling no one will oppose!


Upon hearing only the name of this recipe, Damon gave these cookies an immediate thumbs up – and when we made them they didn't let us down!


However, we did discover that the original recipe has WAY too many chocolate chips. I love chocolate chips, but there's a limit. Below is what I would put in next time.
Enjoy!


Malted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 36

Ingredients:
1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup malted milk powder
2 Tbs. chocolate syrup
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Mix Crisco, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, and vanilla very well in a large bowl. Add egg.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to Crisco mixture. Mix well after each addition.
4. Mix in chocolate chips with a spatula.
5. Shape dough into 2-inch balls.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
7. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
8. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Do not over-cook or they will be crunchy. The middle,should still be soft and slightly underdone when removed from the oven.
9. Cool for a few minutes on the tray, then move cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Recipe from: http://pinchofyum.com/malted-double-chocolate-chip-cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment