Monday, July 21, 2014

Baked Honey Barbecue Chicken Fingers

I have been wanting to see the cat circus ever since I heard about it when we first moved here. So this weekend we saw it, and all in all it was a great cultural experience.



The cat circus was in a special building just for the purpose, meaning there were lots of cat decorations (that stained glass window was worthy of a picture).



The circus room was a small, dark theater lit up by many florescent colors. Although it was a cat circus, the humans did a lot of acting and speaking (which might have been better, had I understood Russian).



Also, there were two dogs – and get this: one dog could do a hand stand on its front paws. What? I can't even do that and I have thumbs! Anyways, the cats could do some pretty awesome things too. I enjoyed the part where a cat sat in a pot and whenever the man would take it out, it would jump back in, until it got fed up and "attacked" the man. The show was good fun.



Now what does this all have to do with chicken fingers? Nothing. Except that we had our own little feline friend watching us make the chicken fingers.


These chicken fingers are quite delicious. My family is not a big barbecue sauce eater, so I was surprised when I dipped my chicken into the sauce and was like YUM. It was sweet, spicy, smoky, and barbecue-y. Mmmm.


By the way, I think these chicken fingers taste better if you actually use your fingers to eat them. 'Finger' is in the name – if they aren't finger food, I don't know what is!


Baked Honey Barbecue Chicken Fingers

Notes:
*You can use honey flavored BBQ sauce and omit the honey, but there will be slightly less honey flavor.
*use your favorite seasonings if you have no smoked paprika.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb that tends to stay crispier longer. Use seasoned or seasoned. If you don't have panko breadcrumbs, just make your own breadcrumbs by putting bread in the food processor then baking the breadcrumbs until they are crispy, stirring occasionally.

Recipe from: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/05/14/baked-honey-bbq-chicken-fingers/

No comments:

Post a Comment