Thursday, July 24, 2014

Brown Butter Banana Bread

Sooo last week we had all these bananas on the counter that needed to be eaten up – or, actually, made into mocha chocolate chip banana muffins, as was the case. So with the brown bananas gone, my mom bought some nice yellow ones. Unfortunately these new bananas browned freakishly fast and we were again stuck with a whole bunch of brown bananas. Luckily for us, we had just finished the muffins so it was time to make another banana-baked-good.


Enter: Joy the Baker's Brown Butter Banana Bread.
Did I ever tell you that I really like Joy the Baker? All the recipes I've tried from her (like Pistachio, Orange, and Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls and Brown Butter Baked Doughnuts) have turned out good. Plus her photos are amazing. And she has a cat – a definite win.


This bread was just as successful as her other recipes. It turned out nice and soft and used a lot of our bananas up (3!). Even my dad, who apparently does not like banana bread (criminal, in my opinion), complimented the nice crusty top and the flavors from the spices.


This bread made our kitchen smell amazing – and when I cut the banana bread open when it was still hot, it just got better!


I mean, can't you just see the delicious scent steaming off? No? Well, I guess it was just 'hot', not 'steaming hot', but I promise the smell was there.


A word of warning: make sure you tap out all the extra flour from your pan...I had a little too much and the edges of my bread ended up looking a little yellow.

Brown Butter Banana Bread
Makes 1 9×5-inch loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment