Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brown Butter Baked Doughnuts

Recently my dad and I made these donuts for breakfast. We should have made them sooner...he sent me the link from Joy the Baker, and it just sat in my inbox for awhile. One weekend I said "let's try them!" and they were amazing—of course. I think it's pretty awesome that we can make baked donuts that actually taste like donuts super easy at home. I don't have a donut pan (I want one though!), but I do have a mini cupcake pan...which so happens to make something similar to donut holes!



These are absolutely divine, just like donuts are supposed to be. We ended up with a little extra chocolate glaze so I just kept dipping my donut holes like it was fondue...yum! I'm not sure what made them taste so donut-y...the frosting definitely had something to do with it I think.

I only dipped the tops of my donut holes because I have tried in another recipe to completly cover the donut holes. It did not work well–we're talking hours...putting them in the freezer, messy hands, running out of frosting and making more. If you really want to dip them all the way, use the freezer and be patient!



Brown Butter Baked Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
makes 6 doughnuts or 24 doughnut holes

http://joythebaker.com/2013/09/brown-butter-baked-doughnuts/

No comments:

Post a Comment