Friday, November 1, 2013

Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles

I know, it's a mouthful to say! But they're also mouthfuls of yumminess. I made these yesterday with my mom...thank goodness she helped! It took quite awhile, and without her I would have spent at least an extra hour in the kitchen. This is one of those recipes I found on Pinterest from Alyssa on therecipecritic.com. I find a lot of recipes on Pinterest...I have pinned so many foods I think it will take me my whole life to make them all!


Anyways, I wanted to make something fall-ish, since we finally live in a four season country! Snickerdoodles and caramel are definitely fall foods; I think salted caramel is becoming very popular recently. I've seen a lot of brown butter recipes, too. So I like to think of these as very up-to-date cookies.


They were absolutely delicious fresh from the oven! The caramel was so gooey, and the salt was the perfect amount. At first I was worried about the salt because the pre-baked cookies were in a ball form, so the salt didn't really stick, and it was only in the very middle. But, since the caramel was in the middle too, it worked out just fine. In most of the cookies we just put one caramel, and we made our cookies pretty small, so we ended up with a lot more than 24!


They got the approval of my family; Dad ate one after dinner, then came into the living room with the rest of us. He said "What is in the middle?". We just said magic...after all, all those flavors and suprises do make these cookies pretty magical!


Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
Recipe from: http://therecipecritic.com/2013/07/brown-butter-salted-caramel-snickerdoodles/

No comments:

Post a Comment