Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lemon Buttercream Frosting

In the IB program, I have to do something called 'CAS' (creatvity, action, service), and I have to make a project involving at least two of those categories. It took awhile, but eventually I found the perfect CAS project for me: a cupcake business. I had been wanting to start a cupcake business before, but I didn't have the time. Now, since it's with CAS, I have to make time! Today I had my second order, involving vanilla cupcakes with lemon frosting. Never having made lemon frosting before, I debated over whether to use the recipe in my cupcake book or one I found on bettycrocker.com. I went with the one online because it seemed more lemon-y, and took less ingredients.
I started out making a half recipe, but it only covered 9 of my cupcakes; I had to make more. The flavor turned out really good! Sweet and lemony. I didn't eat a cupcake with the frosting on it, but I'm sure it was yummy!


Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cups powdered sugar
milk

Directions:
Beat butter, lemon peel and most of the lemon juice in a medium bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add more lemon juice to taste. Add milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time until reaches piping consistency. Beat 2 to 3 minutes longer or until light and fluffy.

Recipe adapted from: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/lemon-buttercream-frosting/af150e16-924b-49f2-aa55-2984585f2af0


No comments:

Post a Comment