Friday, November 1, 2013

Deep Dish Single-Serve Pizza

As my first post, I would like to share a very delicious recipe for pizza crust that I found yesterday. I decided I wanted pizza for lunch, since we had just gotten back from vacation and had very little in the kitchen to eat. I searched around on the internet for quite awhile for a recipe for single serving pizza, and finally I found this recipe from flouronmyface.com...the author actually created this recipe, which I thought was pretty impressive. It was exactly the kind of pizza I like...thick, doughy, with good flavor. The honey made it a little sweeter than ordinary, which I thought was a nice change. I ended up only being able to eat half of it, but I wished I could have eaten more! When I made it, I ended up putting in just about all 1 3/4 cups of flour at once. Also, I kneaded it for more like 4 minutes, and skipped punching it down and forming it into a ball—I simply stretched it out a little in my hands to fit the pan. Here is the original recipe:


Single Serve Deep Dish Pizza

Ingredients:
1/2 cup warm water
1 Tbs. honey
1 generous tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 3/4 cup flour
Pizza toppings of choice

Directions:
1. Add warm water, honey, olive oil and salt to a bowl. Stir gently. Add yeast and stir.
2. Add one cup of flour and stir together, add more flour as needed if dough is very sticky. Sprinkle ¾ cup flour onto counter top and knead into dough. Knead dough about 8 minutes.
3. Put into an oiled bowl and let rise until doubles–about 45 minutes to an hour.
4. Punch dough down and form a tight ball. Let rest about 5 minutes. Oil a nine inch cake pan.
5. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
6. Place dough into the center of the cake pan and push down to flatten. Using the heal of your hand work the dough from the center out to edges of pan. If dough is tight and resisting, stop and allow it to rest another five minutes or so. 
7. Spread some sauce on and add your toppings.
8. For a soft bottom place pan on top rack. For a crisper bottom place it on the bottom rack of your oven.
9. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until dough is cooked through and the cheese has melted.

Recipe from: http://www.flouronmyface.com/2010/08/single-serve-deep-dish-pizza.html



No comments:

Post a Comment