Saturday, November 9, 2013

Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes

I probably shouldn't experiment on guests anymore, but I can't help myself; they provide the perfect excuse for making something a little extravagant, like these donut holes.


A few weeks ago I needed something yummy for a party, so of course I decided to take my chances and experiment rather than make something I knew would turn out good, but on Sally's Baking Addiction I found these donut holes. And they were way better than I had ever hoped. They were so good that two people asked for the recipe afterwards (squeal!). This 'experiment' did pay off!

They actually took me quite a long time to make, but it was my first time making them, so I'm sure next time it'll go faster. A few notes about the original recipe below, I would suggest filling the cupcake tins about 2/3 full, not 3/4 (but you should probably experiment with that a little). Also, for the glaze I put about 1/2 teaspoon more lemon juice in because I thought the chocolate, lemon, and sugar complimented each other well, but that's a personal preference. I chose to glaze both sides, which is probably what took so long. I dipped them halfway in, then left them in the freezer for awhile. Anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes is probably ok, but just play it by ear. These could be made in a donut pan, but I think donut holes would be better. Plus, you can have more than one!

I'm just warning you, be prepared to lose your self control. I ate at least five, and all of the donuts were gone before the party was over. Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment